Van crash driver from Ulverston arrested for drink driving
Last updated at 16:42, Thursday, 12 June 2014
AN ULVERSTON man has been arrested for driving over the legal limit, after crashing a van into a wall this morning.
The incident caused the A592 at Lakeside to be partially blocked between the Birks Road junction and the Fell Foot Brow junction.
Police were called to Staveley-in-Cartmel at 8.10am, after reports of a Volkswagen Transporter hitting a wall.
The man, aged 55, was arrested for driving over the prescribed limit. He is currently in custody.
Slow traffic is still being reported in the area.
First published at 09:07, Thursday, 12 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|