Updated 1.10pm -Barrow retail park hit by power cut - stores reopened
Last updated at 12:41, Sunday, 20 July 2014
A Barrow retail park was hit by a power cut yesterday morning (Saturday), but the power was restored after more than two hours.
Stores at Hindpool Retail Park, in Hindpool Road, suffered a power cut at around 10am.
Next and Brantano Footwear were forced to close and Frankie and Benny's was open serving drinks but did not have use of its kitchen.
The power was restored at around 12.30pm.
Next started its sale today at 5am. Bargain hunters who were in the store at the time of the power had to leave. Next had apologised to customers for the inconvenience which was out if its control.
First published at 10:36, Saturday, 19 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- "Fantastic victory" for Barrow after massive increase in train services announced
- Hunt for Nigel Farage Barrow gnome villain
- BIG DEBATE: Is parking outside schools in Barrow and Furness a big problem? (3 comments)
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (3 comments)
- New moto-cross team for Furness (1 comment)
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|