Updated 1.10pm -Barrow retail park hit by power cut - stores reopened
Last updated at 12:41, Sunday, 20 July 2014
A Barrow retail park was hit by a power cut yesterday morning (Saturday), but the power was restored after more than two hours.
Stores at Hindpool Retail Park, in Hindpool Road, suffered a power cut at around 10am.
Next and Brantano Footwear were forced to close and Frankie and Benny's was open serving drinks but did not have use of its kitchen.
The power was restored at around 12.30pm.
Next started its sale today at 5am. Bargain hunters who were in the store at the time of the power had to leave. Next had apologised to customers for the inconvenience which was out if its control.
First published at 10:36, Saturday, 19 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|