UPDATED 3:13pm: Cumbria robbery suspect arrested after vehicle pursuit - road now closed
Last updated at 15:15, Friday, 08 November 2013
A ROAD in Cumbria has been closed off after a police vehicle pursuit which resulted in the arrest of man on suspicion of robbery.
Armed officers and National Police Air Service (NPAS) assisted in the search for the suspect.
The A596 will be remain closed between Prospect and Aspatria for the next two hours and the public are asked to avoid the area.
The incident took place on George Street, Wigton, where the woman was threatened with a firearm. She was not harmed.
Police have thanked the public for their co-operation.
First published at 14:33, Friday, 08 November 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Demolition begins at Barrow shipyard as part of £300m redevelopment (7 comments)
- Barrow Raiders ban ex-coach from Craven Park (7 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction
- Police attend sudden death of man, 42, in Barrow
- Cumbria man charged with attempted rape after alleged attack on girl aged nine
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|