UPDATED 3:13pm: Cumbria robbery suspect arrested after vehicle pursuit - road now closed
Last updated at 15:15, Friday, 08 November 2013
A ROAD in Cumbria has been closed off after a police vehicle pursuit which resulted in the arrest of man on suspicion of robbery.
Armed officers and National Police Air Service (NPAS) assisted in the search for the suspect.
The A596 will be remain closed between Prospect and Aspatria for the next two hours and the public are asked to avoid the area.
The incident took place on George Street, Wigton, where the woman was threatened with a firearm. She was not harmed.
Police have thanked the public for their co-operation.
First published at 14:33, Friday, 08 November 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|