Two children taken to hospital after crash near Ulverston
Last updated at 16:26, Monday, 19 May 2014
A TRUCK and a car with child passengers crashed this morning near Ulverston.
A white HGV and a black Ford Ka were involved in a collision this morning on the A590 near Hill Foot Garden Centre.
Police were called to the scene at 8.39am.
A spokeswoman from the North West Ambulance Service said two children had been taken to Furness General Hospital and have been collared and boarded.
Two girls, aged nine and seven, sustained minor injuries and were taken by ambulance as a precaution.
The driver of the car was a 42-year-old woman from Ulverston. The male driver, from Rochdale, of the truck was not injured.
A police spokesman said that no serious injuries have been reported.
First published at 09:17, Monday, 19 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|