Trio charged over Barrow go-kart burglary
Last updated at 16:47, Wednesday, 02 July 2014
POLICE have charged three people in connection with the theft of three go-karts in Barrow.
The charges relate to a burglary that occurred at Cumbria Karting in Barrow on Monday morning.
Alexander Carter, 18, from Brathay Crescent, Barrow, and Jason White, 20, from Foxfield Road, Barrow, will appear at Furness Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday July 15.
A 17-year-old boy from Barrow has also been charged. He will appear in court on the same day.
The trio are accused of entering the property on James Freel Close and stealing three go-karts which have a collective value of £12,200.
Enquiries at the time of the alleged burglary resulted in one go-kart being located in the area of the Dock Museum and the other two being located in the area of Vickerstown, Walney.
One of the go-karts had been set on fire.
Police say they are not looking for anybody else in connection with the enquiry.
First published at 11:24, Tuesday, 01 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pub boss assaulted in stag night bar brawl
- Crash between driver, 84, and motorcyclist in Lindal causes delays
- Appeal after criminal damage at Barrow family centre
- Cumbria rail services back to normal after person struck by train
- Immigration officers arrest three men in raid on Chinese restaurant in Barrow
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|