Police name woman found dead in Barrow
Last updated at 09:40, Tuesday, 20 May 2014
POLICE have named the woman who was found dead in a Barrow property as 25-year-old Rebecca Carmella Marvin.
At 9.42am on Sunday, the North West Ambulance Service notified police of a sudden death of a woman in her twenties.
Miss Marvin's body was found in a property in Napier Street, Barrow, and the circumstances around her death are under investigation.
Police arrested a man, aged 68, on suspicion of murder yesterday and he is said to be assisting detectives with their enquiries.
Detective Chief Inspector Bob Qazi, said: “We are investigating a number of aspects regarding the events leading up to the death of Miss Marvin. The post mortem has been conducted today, with further tests being required before a cause of death can be confirmed.
“We are appealing for anyone who may have been in the vicinity of Napier Street on Saturday night (May 17) into Sunday (May 18) morning and may have heard or seen an argument between a man and a woman.
“We are continuing to investigate a number of avenues and any information from the public may assist in establishing the events that resulted in the death of Miss Marvin. I would ask anyone who has information on Miss Marvin’s movements over the past weekend to please contact us at the CID in Barrow as soon as possible.
“Officers are in contact with her family and are supporting them at this difficult time.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Cumbria Police on 101 and speak to Detectives at Barrow CID, quoting reference Operation Shade.
First published at 14:30, Sunday, 18 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
- Bid to revitalise Workington's 'industrial spine' as Eastman plant closes (10 comments)
- Cockermouth Carnival is cancelled (2 comments)
- Mum slims down after fairground ride shame
- Kirstie’s cash support for murder mum’s kids (1 comment)
- HAVE YOUR SAY: Plans for Workington Hall in pipeline (3 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|