UPDATE: Overnight single lane closures planned for A590 near Greenodd for three nights
Last updated at 15:46, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Closures on the A590 near Greenodd are due to start at 7pm tonight and will last for three nights
The closures will begin at 7pm, starting tonight, and end at 6.00am to allow resurfacing to be completed on a narrow part of the road.
Traffic lights will control vehicles along the A590 as there will only be a single lane through the roadworks during the closure.
This means that westbound and eastbound traffic will need travel through the roadworks in turns during this period.
In addition there will be weekend work on the road verges on Saturday and Sunday with the same traffic management arrangements in place from 8am to 4pm on both days.
The work is necessary as part of the £2.7 million project to build a new roundabout at Greenodd, which is scheduled for completion next month.
Highways Agency project manager Samantha Whittaker said: “The Highways Agency needs to close a single lane of the carriageway at a time while work is underway to resurface this section of the A590, then again to complete verge work.
"The work will take place overnight and at the weekend in order to minimise the inconvenience for drivers, and we would ask people to be patient at this time. The new roundabout will make it easier to travel between the A590 and A5092, and will help to reduce accidents.
"Work is progressing well and the scheme is on track to be completed in February.”
Severe traffic caused delays of up to 40 minutes between Ulverston and Greenodd, due to roadworks at Greenodd roundabout, this morning.
First published at 09:51, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|