UPDATE: Overnight single lane closures planned for A590 near Greenodd for three nights
Last updated at 15:46, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Closures on the A590 near Greenodd are due to start at 7pm tonight and will last for three nights
The closures will begin at 7pm, starting tonight, and end at 6.00am to allow resurfacing to be completed on a narrow part of the road.
Traffic lights will control vehicles along the A590 as there will only be a single lane through the roadworks during the closure.
This means that westbound and eastbound traffic will need travel through the roadworks in turns during this period.
In addition there will be weekend work on the road verges on Saturday and Sunday with the same traffic management arrangements in place from 8am to 4pm on both days.
The work is necessary as part of the £2.7 million project to build a new roundabout at Greenodd, which is scheduled for completion next month.
Highways Agency project manager Samantha Whittaker said: “The Highways Agency needs to close a single lane of the carriageway at a time while work is underway to resurface this section of the A590, then again to complete verge work.
"The work will take place overnight and at the weekend in order to minimise the inconvenience for drivers, and we would ask people to be patient at this time. The new roundabout will make it easier to travel between the A590 and A5092, and will help to reduce accidents.
"Work is progressing well and the scheme is on track to be completed in February.”
Severe traffic caused delays of up to 40 minutes between Ulverston and Greenodd, due to roadworks at Greenodd roundabout, this morning.
First published at 09:51, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Unexplained death in Windermere investigated by police
- Cumbria weather warnings on 'hottest day of the year'
- Car ends up on its side in Ulverston crash
- A590 path repair project announced
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targetted by vandals
- Organisations will be Hitting the Headlines after training event
- Day of personal triumphs and achievements at Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- Well done to all who took part in the Energy for Life Walney Family Fun Run
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Half-term report - foundations in place for Barrow Raiders success
- Barrow boxing coach out to prove he's a charity warrior
- Dalton RL prospect leads Italian job
- Barrow AFC line up keeper deal
- Pete Wilson - spare us the Ashes sledging
- Crarey hails Raiders' defensive qualities
- Edmo thrilled Simon remains part of his Grand Barrow plan
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|