Barrow rifle man accused in court
Last updated at 14:57, Friday, 06 June 2014
A BARROW man has been remanded in custody over alleged threats he made with an .22 air rifle.
Michael Crook, 45, of Ship Street, Barrow, is charged with causing Terry Jon to fear that unlawful violence would be caused against him on Tuesday June 3 in Ship Street.
Crook appeared at Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday and was represented by Mr Mike Graham.
The case was sent to Preston Crown Court and Crook has been remanded in custody until Friday June 20.
No formal plea was taken as the case is being sent to crown court.
First published at 13:02, Wednesday, 04 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Thanks to the police for responding so quickly and reasonably.
Make your comment
- Dalton attraction prosecuted in connection with zoo keeper killed by tiger
- Family fun at Walney Gala
- Probe under way into Cumbria housing estate ‘health hazard’ leaks
- Cumbria Police release CCTV images in connection with theft
- Ulverston Carnival considered "best in years"
- Sun comes out for South Cumbria wedding winners
- Barrow hospital prepared for inspectors after working hard to improve
- Walney pupils have their say on vision for £50k play park (1 comment)
- New Barrow fast food outlet store set to open for business today
- Barrow woman attacked man with ashtray
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow Raiders defeated at Swinton Lions
- Furness Select secure win over Barrow AFC
- Walney Central lose Cumbria Cup final
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- WEDDING ALBUM: Katie Anne Hillman and Christopher Michael Low
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds