Man arrested for alleged firearms offences in Barrow on police bail
Last updated at 10:41, Friday, 04 April 2014
The 47-year-old man who was arrested for alleged firearms offences after armed police carried out two raids in Barrow, has been released on bail
The man was arrested in Robert Street, and police carried out another operation in Egerton Court.
A police statement said: "Cumbria Police can confirm they have arrested a 47-year-old man on Robert Street, Barrow, on suspicion of alleged firearms offences.
"This operation and one earlier in the day, at Egerton Court, followed intelligence regarding a man being in possession of a gun.
"Armed officers were deployed as a precaution, however there was no danger to the public at any time.An investigation is ongoing."
Neighbour, 71-year-old Jenny Wilcock, said the man who lived at the address "seemed pretty normal to me."
She said: "The was an older man who lived there, about my age, who I used to say hello to. There isn't much trouble on this street. It's really quiet, we used to have some problems with druggies at the top of the street but they have gone now."
First published at 15:24, Wednesday, 02 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yeah, but at least crime is down in this area?
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course