Man arrested for alleged firearms offences in Barrow on police bail
Last updated at 10:41, Friday, 04 April 2014
The 47-year-old man who was arrested for alleged firearms offences after armed police carried out two raids in Barrow, has been released on bail
The man was arrested in Robert Street, and police carried out another operation in Egerton Court.
A police statement said: "Cumbria Police can confirm they have arrested a 47-year-old man on Robert Street, Barrow, on suspicion of alleged firearms offences.
"This operation and one earlier in the day, at Egerton Court, followed intelligence regarding a man being in possession of a gun.
"Armed officers were deployed as a precaution, however there was no danger to the public at any time.An investigation is ongoing."
Neighbour, 71-year-old Jenny Wilcock, said the man who lived at the address "seemed pretty normal to me."
She said: "The was an older man who lived there, about my age, who I used to say hello to. There isn't much trouble on this street. It's really quiet, we used to have some problems with druggies at the top of the street but they have gone now."
First published at 15:24, Wednesday, 02 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yeah, but at least crime is down in this area?