Man arrested for alleged firearms offences in Barrow on police bail
Last updated at 10:41, Friday, 04 April 2014
The 47-year-old man who was arrested for alleged firearms offences after armed police carried out two raids in Barrow, has been released on bail
The man was arrested in Robert Street, and police carried out another operation in Egerton Court.
A police statement said: "Cumbria Police can confirm they have arrested a 47-year-old man on Robert Street, Barrow, on suspicion of alleged firearms offences.
"This operation and one earlier in the day, at Egerton Court, followed intelligence regarding a man being in possession of a gun.
"Armed officers were deployed as a precaution, however there was no danger to the public at any time.An investigation is ongoing."
Neighbour, 71-year-old Jenny Wilcock, said the man who lived at the address "seemed pretty normal to me."
She said: "The was an older man who lived there, about my age, who I used to say hello to. There isn't much trouble on this street. It's really quiet, we used to have some problems with druggies at the top of the street but they have gone now."
First published at 15:24, Wednesday, 02 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yeah, but at least crime is down in this area?
Make your comment
- Sir David Attenborough is top of class with young Barrow fans
- Family and friends pay tribute to man found dead in Windermere
- South Cumbria man who attacked girlfriend and his dad spared jail term
- Exposure to asbestos blamed for former Ulverston mechanic’s death
- Calendar will boost fund and raise awareness of childhood disabilities
- ‘Several buyers’ interested in Walney pub
- Barrow burglar admits stealing car in Ulverston
- ‘I’ll smash your face in’ – Dalton man threatens retirement home resident
- Tributes to ‘lovely’ and ‘kind’ Barrow dad who died suddenly (1 comment)
- Four more convicted over brawl at Barrow game
- Barrow AFC boss ready for first test of pre-season
- Barrow Raiders coach excited about pathway plan launch
- Amateur aces ready for Barrow AFC challenge
- Haverigg's Higson hope
- Newly-wed Mark knows final appearance makes Cents
- Furness have the edge in Twenty20
- Barrow AFC face tough start to their National League campaign
- Barrow Raiders packman Jones joins Rochdale Hornets
- Barrow AFC defender to sign new two-year deal
- Barrow AFC keeper battle to heat up
- Boxing Star to inspire females in Barrow through Olympic and Paralympic legacy project
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown