Man arrested for alleged firearms offences in Barrow on police bail
Last updated at 10:41, Friday, 04 April 2014
The 47-year-old man who was arrested for alleged firearms offences after armed police carried out two raids in Barrow, has been released on bail
The man was arrested in Robert Street, and police carried out another operation in Egerton Court.
A police statement said: "Cumbria Police can confirm they have arrested a 47-year-old man on Robert Street, Barrow, on suspicion of alleged firearms offences.
"This operation and one earlier in the day, at Egerton Court, followed intelligence regarding a man being in possession of a gun.
"Armed officers were deployed as a precaution, however there was no danger to the public at any time.An investigation is ongoing."
Neighbour, 71-year-old Jenny Wilcock, said the man who lived at the address "seemed pretty normal to me."
She said: "The was an older man who lived there, about my age, who I used to say hello to. There isn't much trouble on this street. It's really quiet, we used to have some problems with druggies at the top of the street but they have gone now."
First published at 15:24, Wednesday, 02 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Yeah, but at least crime is down in this area?
Make your comment
- Kendal man sentenced to over two years for indecent images of children
- Warning from Cumbria police after thieves target cars parked in rural areas
- BBC TV shows focus their cameras on Lake District locations
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Millom shop boss evades driving ban
- Builder used cash machine scam in Barrow after two weeks in UK
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Greats pay respects to Barrow born ex-Chelsea chief
- Inquest into death of Barrow woman due to open
- Evening Mail poll shows surge in support for Ukip
- Casson confident Barrow AFC can claim title this weekend
- Barrow Raiders aim to banish away-day blues
- Dutch invasion at Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC stalwart honoured (1 comment)
- Tributes to lifelong Barrow AFC fan Pete
- Barrow start season with Fleet-sinking mission
- Tough run in Holker play-off bid
- Derby day for Walney and Roose
- Final push for Ambleside
- Fit-again troops return for Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (1 comment)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
- First Aid
- Eye Health
- Runners putting energies into fitness