Sentencing of hit and run Barrow milkman adjourned
Last updated at 08:54, Thursday, 17 April 2014
THE sentencing of a Barrow milkman who left a cyclist for dead has been adjourned.
David Reid, 71, of Abbots Vale, Barrow, was found not guilty of causing serious injury by dangerous driving by a jury in Preston Crown Court.
However, the jury found him guilty of the lesser charge of careless driving.
Sentencing is expected to take place today and Judge His Honour Graham Knowles told Reid he should not expect a custodial sentence.
The crash, in Bank Lane, Barrow, took place at around 6.15am on February 27 last year and left submariner Paul Reynolds in a coma until August last year - he is now in a care home and requires two carers for all daily tasks.
Reid was due to be sentenced yesterday but Judge His Honour Graham Knowles adjourned the case for sentence until August 4.
First published at 13:59, Tuesday, 15 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|