Heavy rain warning for Cumbria as freak weekend weather forecast
Last updated at 14:57, Friday, 06 June 2014
A WEATHER warning has been issued for Cumbria, with heavy, thundery rain expected.
The Met Office has issued a yellow warning for most parts of Britain, including Cumbria.
The warning means the public should be aware of the potential for localised flooding.
The North West could also be affected by hail stone, and there will be warm, humid conditions.
A maximum temperature of 17°C is expected on Saturday in Barrow and Ulverston.
At this stage, the location of the heaviest rainfall in the country remains uncertain. In places the rain is expected to fall at around 10mm per hour.
The yellow weather warning is valid for Cumbria from 3am tomorrow until 11.45pm.
First published at 10:40, Friday, 06 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Ice bucket challenge videos
Visit our websites for...
- Jeremy Kyle Barrow adventure - pair bailed
- ‘Normal’ Barrow couple’s secret world of affairs and sick fantasies
- After man banned from starting race with starting pistol, have health and safety rules gone too far? (4 comments)
- Regal Windermere boat joins Queen on majestic Thames cruise (1 comment)
- Prisoner who plotted mass murder from cell jailed
- Shock closure of Cumbria business enterprise group (14 comments)
- Artists’ work on show
Light up a life
Go green 36
Post 16 education
Go green 36
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|