Family pay tribute to Cumbria man found in water
Last updated at 10:02, Friday, 27 June 2014
THE family of a south Cumbria man whose body was found in Scotland have paid tribute to a "much loved" man.
The body of Christopher Strange, 59, from Kendal, was found in water near Neave Island, off the coast of Tongue.
Mr Strange went missing on the morning of Monday June 23. A search took place around Neave Island and a body was found in the water on Tuesday.
A statement said: "Chris’s family would like to thank the Kendal and Wick police departments for their phenomenal support and kindness throughout this tragic and harrowing time.
“They also send heartfelt thanks to all their extended family and friends for their love and support. Chris was very much loved and will be enormously missed.”
There are no suspicious circumstances and the coroner in Inverness has been informed.
First published at 08:45, Tuesday, 24 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Man's body found on Barrow beach
- Bottles of spirits stolen from Ulverston Food Festival stall
- UPDATE: Missing wild camper in Cumbria found safe and well
- Dog found on Cumbria mountain returns home
- Man, 66, dies after Cumbria crash
- Food lovers line the streets for Ulverston festival
- Your guide to Kidfest in Barrow - Britain's biggest children’s music festival
- Delight for Swarthmoor singer as Misstasia make live shows of Britain's Got Talent
- Rare bird spotted in Furness (1 comment)
- Families still have unanswered questions after Furness midwife struck off
- Adopted Cumbrian Ben blasts fastest Test ton at Lord's
- Grand National winner plots Cartmel success
- Record prize money on offer for Cartmel in 2015
- Raiders ace Wiper desperate for return
- Added sparkle for Cartmel ladies race
- Capital result and good time for bonding
- Max Wiper desperate for Barrow Raiders return
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller (1 comment)
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|