Family appeal in Barrow murder investigation, man bailed
Last updated at 08:55, Wednesday, 21 May 2014
THE man arrested following the death of a 25-year-old woman has been released on bail.
Police arrested a 68-year-old man from Napier Street, in Barrow, on Sunday on suspicion of murder following the death of 25-year-old Rebecca Marvin.
However, today police have released the man on bail pending further enquiries.
Miss Marvin's body was found in a property in Napier Street, Barrow, and the circumstances around her death are under investigation.
Her family have released the following statement: “Carmella was a really kind hearted person who would have done anything for anybody.
“We want anybody who knows anything to come forward, anybody who saw her or knew what she was doing. Any little thing could help us understand what has happened. Please contact the Police with any information. We are aware that rumours have been circulating speculating on what happened to Carmella and we ask that people respect our privacy in what is a difficult time.
“Carmella was deeply loved and will be sorely missed.”
Detective Chief Inspector Bob Qazi, said: “Our focus is trying to establish the circumstances that led to the death of Carmella. We want to be able to provide the family with answers to their questions about what happened to their daughter.
“We continue to make enquiries in the local area and appeal for anyone who may have been in the vicinity of Napier Street on Saturday night (17th May 2014) into the early hours of Sunday (18th May 2014) morning and may have heard or seen an argument between a man and a woman.
“By piecing together Carmella’s movements over the weekend, we will get an insight into what occurred. We want to hear from anyone who saw her recently, spoke to her or recalls anything which could help us establishing what happened.”
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Cumbria Police on 101 and speak to Detectives at Barrow CID, quoting reference Operation Shade.
First published at 12:09, Tuesday, 20 May 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Councillor played solitaire during debate on 1,800 Cumbria council job losses
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|