UPDATE: CCTV released and community search for man last seen in Bowness
Last updated at 16:46, Friday, 04 April 2014
POLICE have released CCTV images showing the last confirmed sightings of missing man Matthew Jordan in Bowness.
Mr Jordan, 20, from the Middlesbrough area, was visiting Bowness with three friends and was last seen in the early hours of Thursday March 27 following a night out.
Detective Inspector Furzana Nazir said: "We are releasing these images in the hope that this jogs someone’s memory, did you see someone that looked like Matthew on this night? No matter how irrelevant you may believe your information is, we would like to hear from you.
“Matthew’s family and friends have been here since the day he was reported missing. We have detectives, local officers, underwater search teams, mountain rescue and search dogs all trying to find him.
“The response from the local area in assisting with our enquiries is heart-warming and everyone wants the end result of Matthew being reunited with his family safe and well.”
Part one of the CCTV images show Mr Jordan leaving his friends who were at the Stag’s Head at 0.26am and walking off in the direction of Church Street towards the Lake Road promenade.
The second part is following Mr Jordan’s return and shows him sitting outside the same pub. He then heads off down Church Street at 0.44am - this is the last confirmed sighting of Mr Jordan.
A community search for missing person Matthew Jordan will also take place tomorrow in Bowness.
Police will be joined by many of Mr Jordan’s family and friends as they search the area he went missing from.
Police search advisors will be present to offer expert advice and to co-ordinate the search effort.
Mr Jordan is described as 6ft tall, of medium build, with dark brown hair. He was last seen wearing a navy long sleeved shirt, jeans and grey pull up boots.
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Cumbria Police on 101 as soon as possible and ask for the duty sergeant at Windermere. Or you can call Missing People in confidence on 116 000.
First published at 13:57, Friday, 04 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
I would like to come with my dog and help tomorrow
Make your comment
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Building work at Barrow care home set to restart
- Driver who crashed in Walney sought by police
- Updated: Football fan comes forward to speak to police about Barrow AFC assault claim
- Man, 65, suffers serious injuries in 40m Lake District fall
- Cat charge admitted by Barrow woman
- Water supply cut off in Ulverston
- Cumbria man reunites with Korean Zen master
- Former Barrow children’s doctor accused of failings defends his treatment
- Big Clean team hit Askam beach for tidy-up
- Cents and Dalton clash at Craven Park tonight
- EMMA GIVES IT A TRI: I live in terror in transitions
- EMMA GIVES IT A TRI: Cumbria edges it over Manchester
- Barrow AFC boss drops Taylor deal hint
- Barrow Raiders boss holds injury concern
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission
- McHale ready to roar on his TT debut
- Anglers over rainbow with restocking
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don (1 comment)
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport