Bus firm promises investigation after four injured in Ulverston crash
Last updated at 08:52, Tuesday, 03 June 2014
A BUS company has pledged to carry out an investigation after passengers were injured in a collision with a lamppost in Ulverston.
Four people were treated for minor injuries after the X6 Stagecoach service from Ulverston to Barrow hit a lamppost on the A590 at Oubas Hill.
The vehicle’s windscreen was cracked and serious damage was caused to the door and the front bumper.
The incident was reported to police at 3pm and paramedics also attended the scene.
Motorists faced major delays as vehicles on the A590 stood at a standstill until the bus was cleared from the road and taken into the nearby Booths car park. It was later towed away.
Traffic returned to normal shortly before 4.30pm.
A spokeswoman for Stagecoach said: "At around 3pm today one of our vehicles was involved in an incident in which it collided with a lamppost on the A590.
“There were four passengers on board the vehicle at the time who are thought to have sustained minor injuries.
“All were treated at the scene by paramedics and later continued their journeys on another bus. Our first thoughts are for the welfare of those involved in this incident.
"Safety is our absolute priority. We will be carrying out a full investigation into this incident."
First published at 16:09, Monday, 02 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court today for sentencing
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|