Barrow teen motorist now charged with dangerous driving after pedestrian knocked over
Last updated at 11:33, Friday, 07 February 2014
Barrow teen motorist has now been charged with dangerous driving after she allegedly skipped a red light and hit a pedestrian.
Hannah Victoria O’Brien, 19, from Clovelly Terrace, Barrow, appeared at Furness Magistrates’ Court today after allegedly driving a Vauxhall Corsa at inappropriate speed through a red light at the junction of Abbey Road and Dalkeith Street on November 20.
O’Brien is alleged to have hit the man on the pedestrian crossing, causing serious injuries.
The initial charge of driving without due care and attention has been changed to dangerous driving.
She has been given unconditional bail to appear before Preston Crown Court on April 25.
First published at 09:16, Thursday, 06 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|