Barrow rifle man accused in court
Last updated at 14:57, Friday, 06 June 2014
A BARROW man has been remanded in custody over alleged threats he made with an .22 air rifle.
Michael Crook, 45, of Ship Street, Barrow, is charged with causing Terry Jon to fear that unlawful violence would be caused against him on Tuesday June 3 in Ship Street.
Crook appeared at Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday and was represented by Mr Mike Graham.
The case was sent to Preston Crown Court and Crook has been remanded in custody until Friday June 20.
No formal plea was taken as the case is being sent to crown court.
First published at 13:02, Wednesday, 04 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Thanks to the police for responding so quickly and reasonably.
Make your comment
- Search for owners of dog found on top of Lake District fell
- Millom double death inquest concludes
- Witnesses sought after Millom tyre slashing incident
- Charity collection box stolen from South Cumbria garden centre
- Call for legal high crackdown after teens taken ill (1 comment)
- Cumbria fire cuts ‘have decimated service’ (2 comments)
- Ulverston Food Festival set to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Furness Enterprise legacy to live on after Barrow council steps in (1 comment)
- New Barrow jetty is ‘too short’ to use at low tide, claims ferryman (11 comments)
- Labour group in snub to first elected Copeland mayor
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Barrow look to bank points bonus
- Run kings Lindal look to kick on
- Millom and Walney set for cup final classic
- Excitement builds as Scholes heads to Barrow
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Furness Rovers delight in final triumph: with picture gallery
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945
- Millom teenager steps out in style with charity shop bargains
- Proud to fight your corner (1 comment)
- Take a bus trip back to the past