Barrow rifle man accused in court
Last updated at 14:57, Friday, 06 June 2014
A BARROW man has been remanded in custody over alleged threats he made with an .22 air rifle.
Michael Crook, 45, of Ship Street, Barrow, is charged with causing Terry Jon to fear that unlawful violence would be caused against him on Tuesday June 3 in Ship Street.
Crook appeared at Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday and was represented by Mr Mike Graham.
The case was sent to Preston Crown Court and Crook has been remanded in custody until Friday June 20.
No formal plea was taken as the case is being sent to crown court.
First published at 13:02, Wednesday, 04 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Thanks to the police for responding so quickly and reasonably.
Make your comment
- South Cumbria farmer’s shock after savaged lambs are found by daughters
- WITH VIDEO: Facebook friends rally round to give Barrow dog life-saving surgery (1 comment)
- Cumbria GP surgeries in line for £7m cash windfall
- Barrow hospital chef appeared on TV with celebrity chef James Martin (2 comments)
- Barrow worker who hit colleague with hammer faces prison
- Head of pioneering Barrow school to leave his post
- Barrow pharmacist is first to prescribe drugs without the doctor
- Heart of Ulverston nomination form
- Rugby player, 15, suffers neck injury at Millom game
- Woman sought in Barrow shoplifting investigation
- Barrow batsman Liam targets Lancashire bow after setting world record
- Cook scoops Barrow AFC awards haul
- Hawcoat Sayle to last-day win
- De La Salle sink Furness on final day
- Crewe derail Walney Terriers
- Butler nears Barrow Raiders return
- Crarey blasts 'schoolboy' Barrow Raiders (1 comment)
- Edmo calls for one final push with Barrow AFC on brink of title (1 comment)
- Fleetwood fly to Barrow win:with picture gallery
- Askam edge thriller:with picture gallery
- Familiar call for more health service money
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (2 comments)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker