Police call off hunt for Barrow crossbow man
Last updated at 17:11, Tuesday, 01 July 2014
POLICE have called off the search for a man seen armed with a crossbow on a Barrow beach.
Armed officers and police dogs searched the area around Roanhead Beach after witnesses reported seeing a man firing the weapon into sand dunes at 11.06am this morning.
A police spokesman said: "Following an extensive search of the Roanhead Beach area and enquiries being complete, police have concluded their search for a man who had been using what is believed to be a crossbow.
"There is no indication that there was any criminal intent by this person and there was no risk to the public during this incident."
Anyone with concerns is asked to contact Police on 101.
First published at 11:47, Tuesday, 01 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Ulverston housing scheme ‘last chance to keep park going’
- Major development for Furness Enterprise
- Dolan aims to build on Barrow Raiders start (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|