A595 Cumbria reopens after fatal crash
Last updated at 09:11, Thursday, 06 March 2014
A DRIVER has died after colliding with a lorry on the A595 Cumbria at Foxfield near Broughton.
The accident occurred 1:30pm today.
Emergency services, including North West Air Ambulance, were called after reports of a car and a lorry being involved in a collision.
The driver of the car died at the scene, despite the efforts of the paramedics. The lorry driver was not injured
Police have confirmed that the A595 is now open again.
The road was blocked from Highcross and Wreaks Level for several hours.
Diversions had been in place while road collision investigation officers surveyed the scene.
Cars and light vehicles were asked to use Broughton as a diversion while HGVs were told to seek alternative routes on the A66 or M6.
First published at 14:28, Wednesday, 05 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- UPDATE: Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 crash
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- South Cumbria Musical Festival entrants well versed in spoken word round
- Key performances from musicians at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Firm hopes £5m Barrow Island flats revamp will attract new tenants
- Police investigate report of assault against boy at Barrow AFC ground
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (2 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
- Cooksey does Brook Street proud
- Pete on the Beat: Home Nations have hard work to come
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (7 comments)
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|