Normal water pressure returns to Barrow homes
Last updated at 11:47, Tuesday, 22 April 2014
HOMES in Barrow have had their water pressure return to normal following a burst pipe yesterday.
United Utilities announced on its website at 4.21pm yesterday that people in the Barrow area may be experiencing low water pressure or no water at all.
Engineers traced the problem to a burst pipe in Yarlside Road, which has since been fixed.
First published at 16:59, Monday, 21 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
It has to be said what a terrific response we got from United Utlilities.
Every hour or so they posted an update on their website and were onto the job in a flash.
Make your comment
- Man, 66, dies after Cumbria crash
- Bottles of spirits stolen from Ulverston stall
- Search for missing wild camper in Cumbria
- Food lovers line the streets for Ulverston festival
- Your guide to Kidfest in Barrow - Britain's biggest children’s music festival
- Delight for Swarthmoor singer as Misstasia make live shows of Britain's Got Talent
- Rare bird spotted in Furness (1 comment)
- Families still have unanswered questions after Furness midwife struck off
- Emergency services called after car taken by tide off Walney (2 comments)
- Ulverston Food Festival to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Walney Cents win Barton Townley Cup thriller (1 comment)
- Hambley set for Barrow Raiders debut
- England Under-17s call-up for Barrow football ace
- Barrow look to bank points bonus
- Run kings Lindal look to kick on
- Millom and Walney set for cup final classic
- Excitement builds as Scholes heads to Barrow
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Super South Cumbria holiday weekend for live music
- Countdown to December
- Price tag of £800 for the perfect pint
- Golden era of the variety acts gets return to stage
- WEDDING ALBUM: Michelle Fredericks and Matthew Wilson
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- FOOD REVIEW: The Wheatsheaf Inn, Brigsteer (1 comment)
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Slovenia
- An invite to party like its 1945