Bus firm promises investigation after four injured in Ulverston crash
Last updated at 08:52, Tuesday, 03 June 2014
A BUS company has pledged to carry out an investigation after passengers were injured in a collision with a lamppost in Ulverston.
Four people were treated for minor injuries after the X6 Stagecoach service from Ulverston to Barrow hit a lamppost on the A590 at Oubas Hill.
The vehicle’s windscreen was cracked and serious damage was caused to the door and the front bumper.
The incident was reported to police at 3pm and paramedics also attended the scene.
Motorists faced major delays as vehicles on the A590 stood at a standstill until the bus was cleared from the road and taken into the nearby Booths car park. It was later towed away.
Traffic returned to normal shortly before 4.30pm.
A spokeswoman for Stagecoach said: "At around 3pm today one of our vehicles was involved in an incident in which it collided with a lamppost on the A590.
“There were four passengers on board the vehicle at the time who are thought to have sustained minor injuries.
“All were treated at the scene by paramedics and later continued their journeys on another bus. Our first thoughts are for the welfare of those involved in this incident.
"Safety is our absolute priority. We will be carrying out a full investigation into this incident."
First published at 16:09, Monday, 02 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|