Barrow man airlifted to hospital with head injuries after cycle accident
Last updated at 23:04, Monday, 10 February 2014
POLICE have urged road users to be careful after a Barrow cyclist was taken to hospital after slipping on ice in Ulverston.
Emergency services were called to the scene of the accident in Urswick Road at 8.32am.
The man, in his 50s, was taken to Royal Preston Hospital by the North West Air Ambulance, where he is being treated for serious head injuries.
A police spokesman said: “Police are advising that some of the county’s roads are icy especially the back roads. Police ask that motorists take care and that the back roads are best avoided. If motorists must use these roads, please drive with extreme care.”
Police closed Urswick Road but it is now open.
First published at 09:41, Monday, 10 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- South Lakes Wild Animal Park boss tells his own story (27 comments)
- Application made for 80 homes on land next to Dalton primary school (2 comments)
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- Dalton Zoo boss guilty of allowing birds to escape
- Medal double for Ulverston sprinter Simpson
- MP backs call to save South Cumbria pub (11 comments)
- Naked men seen walking through Dalton (15 comments)
- Bill’s beach is brought to life
- Man shattered window in Dalton after row with his ex
- Dalton zoo boss brings seasonal cheer with free admission
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|