Barrow man airlifted to hospital with head injuries after cycle accident
Last updated at 23:04, Monday, 10 February 2014
POLICE have urged road users to be careful after a Barrow cyclist was taken to hospital after slipping on ice in Ulverston.
Emergency services were called to the scene of the accident in Urswick Road at 8.32am.
The man, in his 50s, was taken to Royal Preston Hospital by the North West Air Ambulance, where he is being treated for serious head injuries.
A police spokesman said: “Police are advising that some of the county’s roads are icy especially the back roads. Police ask that motorists take care and that the back roads are best avoided. If motorists must use these roads, please drive with extreme care.”
Police closed Urswick Road but it is now open.
First published at 09:41, Monday, 10 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|