Gales cause Cumbria travel disruption
Last updated at 14:16, Sunday, 15 December 2013
STRONG gales caused hazardous conditions for Cumbria motorists yesterday and are continuing to do so today.
Strong winds are being reported on the M6 between Junction 38 and Junction 40. The matrix sign has been set to 50mph to slow traffic speeds.
The A592 at Watermillock has been closed in both directions at the Brackenrigg Inn junction due to an accident. A diversion is in place.
The A595 in Wigton was reopened in both directions at the B5304 junction on Saturday after a fallen tree was recovered.
Surface water and flooding affected travel on the A591 Kelsick Road in Ambleside around the A593 Rothay Road junction. It also affected the A593 Rothay Road around A591 Wansfell Road.
Strong winds were reported on the M6 between juncion 43 on the A69 (Carlisle) and junction 45 on the A74 (M).
Rain and surface water were also reported on the A66 between the A591 junction in Keswick and Penrith.
First published at 15:23, Saturday, 14 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|