Barrow man sentenced after admitting sending 1,000 'unwanted' texts to ex
Last updated at 08:54, Friday, 24 January 2014
Barrow man escapes jail after admitting sending 1,000 'unwanted' texts to ex-girlfriend in just five days.
Jordan Riglar faced charges of harassment at Furness Magistrates Court today after admitting the offence at an earlier hearing.
The 23-year-old, of Vernon Street, Barrow, sent his ex-partner – and the mother of his baby – over 1000 texts and Whatsapp messages between January 1 and January 5.
The magistrates gave a six week sentence suspended for 12 months.
Riglar was given a restraining order, preventing him from making contact with his ex-partner or showing up at her home.
He was also ordered to pay £300 in compensation, £85 in legal costs and a £85 victim surcharge.
- See full story in today's Evening Mail
First published at 09:41, Wednesday, 22 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (10 comments)
- Police attend emergency at Barrow town centre toilets (4 comments)
- Alcoholic ex-soldier stole bottle of wine in Barrow (1 comment)
- Doubts raised over nuclear subs move - Cumbria experts have say
- Tributes to Barrow AFC striker and Vickerstown bowler Billy (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|