Barrow man sentenced after admitting sending 1,000 'unwanted' texts to ex
Last updated at 08:54, Friday, 24 January 2014
Barrow man escapes jail after admitting sending 1,000 'unwanted' texts to ex-girlfriend in just five days.
Jordan Riglar faced charges of harassment at Furness Magistrates Court today after admitting the offence at an earlier hearing.
The 23-year-old, of Vernon Street, Barrow, sent his ex-partner – and the mother of his baby – over 1000 texts and Whatsapp messages between January 1 and January 5.
The magistrates gave a six week sentence suspended for 12 months.
Riglar was given a restraining order, preventing him from making contact with his ex-partner or showing up at her home.
He was also ordered to pay £300 in compensation, £85 in legal costs and a £85 victim surcharge.
- See full story in today's Evening Mail
First published at 09:41, Wednesday, 22 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Kendal man sentenced to over two years for indecent images of children
- Warning from Cumbria police after thieves target cars parked in rural areas
- BBC TV shows focus their cameras on Lake District locations
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Millom shop boss evades driving ban
- Builder used cash machine scam in Barrow after two weeks in UK
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Greats pay respects to Barrow born ex-Chelsea chief
- Inquest into death of Barrow woman due to open
- Evening Mail poll shows surge in support for Ukip
- Barrow AFC edge closer to title glory
- Cook scoops Player of the Season prize
- Casson delighted with Edmo's Barrow progress
- Casson confident Barrow AFC can claim title this weekend
- Barrow Raiders aim to banish away-day blues
- Barrow Raiders look to take sting out of Rochdale Hornets
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Saturday nights with Barrow Raiders good for me
- Jones: Barrow Raiders need to beat Rochdale
- Dutch invasion at Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC stalwart honoured (1 comment)
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (1 comment)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
- First Aid
Visit our websites for...
Luscombe Plant Hire
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|