Barrow man sentenced after admitting sending 1,000 'unwanted' texts to ex
Last updated at 08:54, Friday, 24 January 2014
Barrow man escapes jail after admitting sending 1,000 'unwanted' texts to ex-girlfriend in just five days.
Jordan Riglar faced charges of harassment at Furness Magistrates Court today after admitting the offence at an earlier hearing.
The 23-year-old, of Vernon Street, Barrow, sent his ex-partner – and the mother of his baby – over 1000 texts and Whatsapp messages between January 1 and January 5.
The magistrates gave a six week sentence suspended for 12 months.
Riglar was given a restraining order, preventing him from making contact with his ex-partner or showing up at her home.
He was also ordered to pay £300 in compensation, £85 in legal costs and a £85 victim surcharge.
- See full story in today's Evening Mail
First published at 09:41, Wednesday, 22 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|