Sentencing of hit and run Barrow milkman adjourned
Last updated at 08:54, Thursday, 17 April 2014
THE sentencing of a Barrow milkman who left a cyclist for dead has been adjourned.
David Reid, 71, of Abbots Vale, Barrow, was found not guilty of causing serious injury by dangerous driving by a jury in Preston Crown Court.
However, the jury found him guilty of the lesser charge of careless driving.
Sentencing is expected to take place today and Judge His Honour Graham Knowles told Reid he should not expect a custodial sentence.
The crash, in Bank Lane, Barrow, took place at around 6.15am on February 27 last year and left submariner Paul Reynolds in a coma until August last year - he is now in a care home and requires two carers for all daily tasks.
Reid was due to be sentenced yesterday but Judge His Honour Graham Knowles adjourned the case for sentence until August 4.
First published at 13:59, Tuesday, 15 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|