Cumbria road opened after crash involving cyclist and car
Last updated at 21:23, Friday, 18 October 2013
A BUSY Cumbria road has re-opened after a crash between a cyclist and a car.
The collision involved a cyclist and a Toyota Avensis at Threlkeld.
The 43-year-old male driver of the car, a Toyota Avensis, from Threlkeld was not injured. The cyclist, a man aged 60 from Florida, USA, received serious injuries and was taken to Newcastle hospital via Air Ambulance.
The road was closed for a time while the emergency services attended the incident.
Police have thanked drivers for their patience.
First published at 14:11, Friday, 18 October 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Email us
- Send us your pictures
- Send us your news
- Send us your views
- Staff contacts
- Advertise with us
- Family Notices
- Reader Travel
- Competition rules
- CN Letterbox
- Find It in Furness
- CV Link
- Online shop
- CN Research
- Eye Care Savings
- Halifax loans
Visit our websites for...
- Tributes paid to Barrow father of twins killed in collision on main road (4 comments)
- Carlisle woman punched man she was about to have sex with
- Barrow teen gives no indication of plea for assault on two women
- Woman fined for being drunk in charge of children in Barrow supermarket
- Hundreds attend funeral of inspiring Barrow PE teacher (3 comments)
- Uproar at Barrow service charge hikes vote (3 comments)
- New Ulverston group may take charge of town car parks (8 comments)
- Barrow man jailed for animal cruelty (22 comments)
- Barrow duo in court over cemetery shooting (11 comments)
- Barrow dad killed in Cumbria crash named (12 comments)
- Sellafield deer cull plans are branded ‘absurd’ (7 comments)
- Immigrant stole whisky worth £1,080 from Barrow store (6 comments)
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|