X

Cookies

Continue We want you to get the most out of using this website, which is why we and our partners use cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to receive these cookies. You can find out more about how we use cookies here.

Saturday, 19 April 2014

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Fire service called to chip shop fire in Barrow

Cumbria fire service crews were called to a fire in Barrow this afternoon.

Emergency services were called out at 12.20pm to deal with a chip pan fire at Suffolk Street Chippy in Suffolk Street.

One man, understood to the owner of the property, suffered burns on his hand when he tried to tackle the blaze with a fire extinguisher.

He was treated on the scene by paramedics before being taken to Furness General Hospital.

Three engines attended the incident, two from Barrow Fire Station and one from Walney.

Have your say

This chippy has had this happen before hasn't it?

Posted by Fraser on 10 February 2014 at 16:12

Chill out Kev... Nobody died...

Posted by Undertaker on 10 February 2014 at 14:39

View all 4 comments on this article

Make your comment

Your name

Your Email

Your Town/City

Your comment


SHARE THIS ARTICLE

North West Evening Mail What's on search










Powered by
nwemail.co.uk/jobs

Hot Jobs

Loading latest hot jobs...
Powered by Zoopla.co.uk






Featured companies

Searching for featured companies...
Search for:

Vote

Will you be going to church Easter?

Yes

No

Show Result

Vote

Do you use public transport?

Yes

No

Show Result


Click here to sign up for the Energy For Life -Walney Fun Run

Energy
Dining out

MDW plumbing and heating 10 year anniversary

Walk to remember 2014

Iconic

Going digital


To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code

North West Evening Mail

Evening Mail Going Out