Cumbria roads reopen after flooding
Last updated at 10:45, Thursday, 02 January 2014
A number of streets have reopened after closures due to rain and wind yesterday.
Police are warning drivers to take care and reduce speeds because of excess surface water across Cumbria
· Market Place, Whitehaven
· School Brow, Moresby Parks, Whitehaven
· Coach Road, Whitehaven
· Elbra Farm Close, Maryport
· A591 Thirlmere, Nr Keswick
· Road between Great Broughton and Broughton Moor
· A5086 is also now clear
The following roads continue to be passible with care:
· Trumpet Road, Cleator
· Road between St Bees and Egremont
· B5345 St Bees
Yesterday's flood warning for Keswick Camp site is still in place.
First published at 08:45, Monday, 30 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Vickerstown FC pay tribute to 'Fozzy' and 'Jonno' (1 comment)
- Action group formed to fight Barrow road being closed to vehicles (16 comments)
- Independent chairwoman to oversee improvements at Barrow hospital trust
- UPDATE: Warning to Cumbria motorists travelling south - tailbacks on M6 (2 comments)
- Slices of Barrow social history go under hammer at auction (2 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|