Cumbria roads reopen after flooding
Last updated at 10:45, Thursday, 02 January 2014
A number of streets have reopened after closures due to rain and wind yesterday.
Police are warning drivers to take care and reduce speeds because of excess surface water across Cumbria
· Market Place, Whitehaven
· School Brow, Moresby Parks, Whitehaven
· Coach Road, Whitehaven
· Elbra Farm Close, Maryport
· A591 Thirlmere, Nr Keswick
· Road between Great Broughton and Broughton Moor
· A5086 is also now clear
The following roads continue to be passible with care:
· Trumpet Road, Cleator
· Road between St Bees and Egremont
· B5345 St Bees
Yesterday's flood warning for Keswick Camp site is still in place.
First published at 08:45, Monday, 30 December 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|