Suspect in Ulverston rape case is bailed
Last updated at 08:40, Thursday, 23 January 2014
A MAN arrested on suspicion of rape after a sexual assault in an Ulverston street has been bailed.
A 17-year-old girl went to Barrow Police Station Monday to report that she had been sexually assaulted in Market Street on Sunday night.
An 18-year-old local man, who was arrested on suspicion of rape, was granted police bail last night.
He was told to answer bail on February 17 at Barrow Police Station.
The incident allegedly happened at around 2.30am on Sunday.
Police are appealing for anyone who was in the area at the time of the incident to make contact.
Detectives are asking anyone who was out in Ulverston on Saturday night and may have been making their way home across Market Street between 1am and 2am, and may have heard or seen something suspicious to contact Cumbria Police on 101 and speak to the duty Sergeant at Barrow CID.
Alternatively information can be given anonymously by calling Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
First published at 18:00, Tuesday, 21 January 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria (1 comment)
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (3 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|