University of Cumbria releases better-than-expected financial results
Last updated at 10:07, Wednesday, 19 March 2014
THE University of Cumbria has released better-than-expected financial results in its annual review.
The 2012/13 results show a surplus of £5.4 million in the university’s finances - £400,000 better than originally forecasted.
The review also found nine out of ten students found a job or moved into further study within six months of graduating.
Vice-chancellor Professor Peter Strike said: “The university’s excellent financial results in 2012/13 provide a strong platform for the university to continue to invest.
“Our reputation as an institution continues to grow, and our strategic planning builds in strength. We have, in the last year, achieved what many in the sector have taken considerably longer to do.”
The university has been involved in several developments, including the creation of a Business Interaction Centre in Carlisle and the redevelopment of Ambleside campus.
The review said the redevelopment of the Ambleside campus is on schedule. The next stage will see the demolition of the ‘airport lounge’ to the side of Scale How, and the construction of the new, through route to the top of the site.
The new Barn building was completed earlier this year.
First published at 10:04, Wednesday, 19 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- X Factor star surprises young Barrow fans (1 comment)
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|