University of Cumbria releases better-than-expected financial results
Last updated at 10:07, Wednesday, 19 March 2014
THE University of Cumbria has released better-than-expected financial results in its annual review.
The 2012/13 results show a surplus of £5.4 million in the university’s finances - £400,000 better than originally forecasted.
The review also found nine out of ten students found a job or moved into further study within six months of graduating.
Vice-chancellor Professor Peter Strike said: “The university’s excellent financial results in 2012/13 provide a strong platform for the university to continue to invest.
“Our reputation as an institution continues to grow, and our strategic planning builds in strength. We have, in the last year, achieved what many in the sector have taken considerably longer to do.”
The university has been involved in several developments, including the creation of a Business Interaction Centre in Carlisle and the redevelopment of Ambleside campus.
The review said the redevelopment of the Ambleside campus is on schedule. The next stage will see the demolition of the ‘airport lounge’ to the side of Scale How, and the construction of the new, through route to the top of the site.
The new Barn building was completed earlier this year.
First published at 10:04, Wednesday, 19 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Number of recorded rapes up by more than half in Cumbria
- Big swing would be required for red seat to change colour
- Curbing violence is key aim at Cumbria prison
- Otter found in Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Police scour CCTV footage in bid to find Barrow assault suspect (1 comment)
- Barrow man smashed girlfriend’s car while fleeing police
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|