Ulverston crash: Second pedestrian transferred to Blackpool hospital
Last updated at 13:57, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a woman was killed in a road accident in Ulverston.
Emergency services were called after two pedestrians were hit by a vehicle in Mountbarrow Road at around 1.30pm yesterday.
The victim, named locally as 19-year-old Jessica Quayle, formerly of Dalton, was in collision with a Peugeot 206.
The second pedestrian, a female, was taken to the Royal Preston Hospital. Cumbria police have said that she was transferred to Blackpool Victoria Hospital yesterday and it was understood that she was in a serious condition.
A 23-year-old man from Ulverston has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. Cumbria police said he was bailed this morning until August 11.
Police have informed the family of the deceased and formal identification will take place in due course.
Cumbria Police have asked for anyone who witnessed part of the incident to contact them.
Police have asked anyone who may have seen a silver Peugeot 206 or a black Land Rover Freelander in the vicinity of Croftlands at Birkrigg prior to the collision to contact PC Kevin Bestford at Ulverston Operational Support Unit on 101, or CrimeStoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting log number 143 of July 7.
First published at 13:53, Monday, 07 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Police appeal for information after £3000 Barrow watch theft
- Nude bathing “plans” and edible cars among Cumbria April fools
- Crew deals with fishy fire in Barrow
- Big Clean team hit Askam beach for tidy-up
- Ulverston mural attack is no laughing matter for Stan Laurel fans
- Van driver sustains minor head injury after A590 Cumbria crash
- Health and transport plans could win seat
- Cumbria great-grandfather wins £727k share of Lotto jackpot (1 comment)
- Sandwich and coffee chains serve up jobs boost for town
- Barrow students sign up to save a life and continue Ulverston girl’s legacy
- Penny takes Palma path in 100 marathons mission
- McHale ready to roar on his TT debut
- Evening Mail's Emma learns the lessons of triathlon bid
- Anglers over rainbow with restocking
- Tribute to Barrow angler Don
- Barrow AFC winger hoping to be let loose on Stockport
- "We'll be ready" roars Barrow Raiders ace ahead of league opener (2 comments)
- It's 400-up for Ulverston-born Wilkes - Super League next target (6 comments)
- Hawcoat Park come close to causing upset
- Late flourish ends Furness hopes of flattening Fleetwood
Visit our websites for...
- BT leave me without broadband or TV for a week (2 comments)
- UPDATE: Barrow police search for missing woman
- Condolences for Cumbrian business woman duped woman out of £100,000 savings
- Electricity to be cut off at South Lakes restaurant
- Windermere school bully bites victim’s nose at club
- Three men in South Lakes court on firearm and assault charges
- Renowned Lake District hotel sold
- Keswick to Barrow 2012 - Go the distance
- Police hunting Lake District super glue vandal (1 comment)
- Foot of ice on the lake
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|