Delays following A590 crash near Ulverston
Last updated at 17:34, Wednesday, 09 April 2014
FOUR people were cut free from the wreckage of a two car crash near Ulverston.
Police were called to a two car crash near the Murco garage at Newlands, on the A590, near Ulverston, shortly after noon Tuesday April 8 2014.
One car contained a man, woman and child and the second vehicle contained an elderly man and woman.
Fire crews from Barrow and Ulverston were at the scene and helped cut two passengers from one wreckage, and they were being treated by paramedics before being taken to Furness General Hospital.
A spokeswoman for the North West Ambulance service said three ambulances took four people to hospital but it is thought there were no serious injuries.
Drivers are being warned of delays and there have been reports of tailbacks in the area.
First published at 12:55, Tuesday, 08 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Why is it people can't drive down this road without running into each other? There is nothing wrong with this road, so why so many collisions?
Make your comment
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Otter found in South Cumbria puddle is now doing swimmingly
- Barrow sports club’s future secured by a new long-term lease
- Askam dad killed by mix of drugs and alcohol
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
- Barrow AFC keeper seeks new contract
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders