Delays following A590 crash near Ulverston
Last updated at 17:34, Wednesday, 09 April 2014
FOUR people were cut free from the wreckage of a two car crash near Ulverston.
Police were called to a two car crash near the Murco garage at Newlands, on the A590, near Ulverston, shortly after noon Tuesday April 8 2014.
One car contained a man, woman and child and the second vehicle contained an elderly man and woman.
Fire crews from Barrow and Ulverston were at the scene and helped cut two passengers from one wreckage, and they were being treated by paramedics before being taken to Furness General Hospital.
A spokeswoman for the North West Ambulance service said three ambulances took four people to hospital but it is thought there were no serious injuries.
Drivers are being warned of delays and there have been reports of tailbacks in the area.
First published at 12:55, Tuesday, 08 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Why is it people can't drive down this road without running into each other? There is nothing wrong with this road, so why so many collisions?
Make your comment
- Kendal man sentenced to over two years for indecent images of children
- Warning from Cumbria police after thieves target cars parked in rural areas
- BBC TV shows focus their cameras on Lake District locations
- Ulverston enthusiasts hope beekeeping venture will reach sticky end
- Millom shop boss evades driving ban
- Builder used cash machine scam in Barrow after two weeks in UK
- Millom parents fighting for centre given group’s support
- Greats pay respects to Barrow born ex-Chelsea chief
- Inquest into death of Barrow woman due to open
- Evening Mail poll shows surge in support for Ukip
- Barrow AFC edge closer to title glory
- Cook scoops Player of the Season prize
- Casson delighted with Edmo's Barrow progress
- Casson confident Barrow AFC can claim title this weekend
- Barrow Raiders aim to banish away-day blues
- Barrow Raiders look to take sting out of Rochdale Hornets
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Saturday nights with Barrow Raiders good for me
- Jones: Barrow Raiders need to beat Rochdale
- Dutch invasion at Barrow AFC
- Barrow AFC stalwart honoured (1 comment)
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (1 comment)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker
- First Aid