Ulverston crash: Second pedestrian transferred to Blackpool hospital
Last updated at 13:57, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a woman was killed in a road accident in Ulverston.
Emergency services were called after two pedestrians were hit by a vehicle in Mountbarrow Road at around 1.30pm yesterday.
The victim, named locally as 19-year-old Jessica Quayle, formerly of Dalton, was in collision with a Peugeot 206.
The second pedestrian, a female, was taken to the Royal Preston Hospital. Cumbria police have said that she was transferred to Blackpool Victoria Hospital yesterday and it was understood that she was in a serious condition.
A 23-year-old man from Ulverston has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. Cumbria police said he was bailed this morning until August 11.
Police have informed the family of the deceased and formal identification will take place in due course.
Cumbria Police have asked for anyone who witnessed part of the incident to contact them.
Police have asked anyone who may have seen a silver Peugeot 206 or a black Land Rover Freelander in the vicinity of Croftlands at Birkrigg prior to the collision to contact PC Kevin Bestford at Ulverston Operational Support Unit on 101, or CrimeStoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting log number 143 of July 7.
First published at 13:53, Monday, 07 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Race against time to Cumbria and Lancashire save maternity units
- Staff moved to tears by damning report into Barrow maternity failures
- Supermarket approved for Ulverston
- New headteacher appointed at Millom School
- Record day for young musicians at Ulverston contest
- The Pearl Izumi Tour Series BAE Systems Barrow Stage 2014 (3 comments)
- Thefts at South Cumbria churches
- Six jobs go as Barrow loan shop closes
- Parents of starving Ulverston children in court tomorrow for sentencing
- Police appeal after damage to Barrow house
- Fylde striker and ex-Barrow AFC player warns - title race not over yet
- Aussie ace out to impress for Barrow Raiders
- Top GB prospect backs Barrow fighter
- Charities benefit from Barrow boxing night
- Players Quick off the mark at Furness College: with picture gallery
- Duddon paddlers claim eight first places
- Four Duddon canoests in frame for world champs
- Students show skills at Furness festival: with picture gallery
- Schools cross country at Walney draws nearly 200: with picture gallery
- St Bernard's taste county finals success: with picture gallery
Visit our websites for...
- Owners vow to rebuild after alleged drink driver smashes into Barrow chippy (13 comments)
- Starving Ulverston children left ‘looking like urchins from Oliver Twist’
- Walney bridge to close this weekend (42 comments)
- Cyclist still in serious condition following Ulverston crash at the A590 junction
- Barrow hotel to be demolished (39 comments)
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|