Ulverston Traders Association fashion show
Last updated at 12:26, Friday, 16 November 2012
FOLLOWERS of fashion were strutting their stuff on the catwalk at Ulverston’s annual show.
The Coronation Hall hosted the 21st Ulverston Fashion Show as part of the town’s Fashion Week.
Local traders put their products on display as part of a show that catered to all tastes and ages – there was even something for our canine friends.
Chairman of the Ulverston Traders’ Association, Ralph Spours, first came up with the idea for a fashion show and has been heavily involved ever since.
He said: “It was a wonderful success yet again, absolutely first class. I think it was the most successful show yet.
“It just shows you the fantastic range of clothing products we have available in this town.”
Michelle Scrogham, owner of Pure Fashion in Market Street, has been taking part for the last eight years and said the quality of the shows continues to impress her.
She added: “They get better every year, they really do. Ralph really puts everything into it.”
Tickets for the show sold quickly and the hall was almost at full capacity, with proceeds from the event going to charity.
First published at 12:36, Thursday, 15 November 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|