Ulverston teacher’s ‘sorry’ to court for drink-driving
Last updated at 12:39, Friday, 07 March 2014
A SUPPLY teacher from Ulverston apologised to a court after admitting drink-driving.
Megan Dance, 25, from Dragley Beck, pleaded guilty at Furness Magistrates’ Court yesterday.
Dance was involved in a one-vehicle collision at Birkrigg Common on January 4, and was found to have 105 milligrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood. The legal limit is 80.
She said: “I’m really sorry, I had consumed alcohol but I just wanted to get home.”
She was disqualified from driving for 12 months, fined £240, and ordered to pay £85 costs and a £24 victim surcharge.
First published at 12:30, Friday, 07 March 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|