Ulverston shopkeepers give special baby clothes to Barrow hospital
Last updated at 17:11, Thursday, 14 March 2013
PARENTS of premature babies have enough to worry about without the hassle of finding clothes to fit their newborn child.
That is why Ulverston shopkeepers Iain and Jill Raven decided to donate six specially designed babygros to Furness General Hospital’s Special Care Baby Unit (SCBU).
The pair run children’s clothing store Boogles and Bump, in Brogden Street, and said they have had a number of requests for premature baby clothing.
Mrs Raven said: “One of the staff nurses said there isn’t anywhere in this area you can buy the specialised clothing these babies need.
“It is not as if you can pick this stuff up in Asda and Tesco.”
The clothing has been specially adapted to fit smaller babies and accommodate any drips or wires they may need for their care.
The couple’s support for FGH stems from their experience with the birth of their two daughters Louisa and Annie.
Although neither was premature, there were complications on both occasions that could have cost them – and their mother – their lives.
Mr Raven said: “Although we didn’t actually have anything to do with the SCBU, all the units there need as much help as they can get.”
First published at 17:06, Thursday, 14 March 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (35 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (16 comments)
- Pub giant responds to empty Walney building alert (5 comments)
- Meeting to determine "suitability" of Dalton zoo boss taking place today (3 comments)
- Dalton zoo boss to learn of licence fate today (4 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|