Ulverston pupils set to show off their dancing
Published at 11:35, Friday, 14 March 2014
YOUNGSTERS will be lacing up their dancing shoes as they take to the stage to show off their skills.
Pupils at Croftlands Infant School have been taught to jig like the Irish over the last month by local dance teacher Louise Walton, and tomorrow it is showtime at Ulverston Victoria High School.
The 22 Little Leprechauns, aged four and five, are excited about their stage debut as part of Ulverston Dance Platform, where they will be joining children from across the Furness area.
The fourth annual Ulverston Primary Dance Platform started yesterday and continues today in the main school hall.
Over the three nights, UVHS will have had 19 primary schools performing a dance piece on its stage together with performances from UVHS dance students and dance schools from around the area.
The dance event is getting bigger each year and the shows, as always, are a sell-out. Angela Coulson, physical education co-ordinator at Croftlands Infant School, in Oakwood Drive, said: “The children have loved learning the Irish dancing and have worked really hard.
“It will all come together in front of a very large audience.”
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Rugby player, 15, suffers neck injury at Millom game
- Ulverston toilet debate continues
- Barrow hospital chef to appear on TV with celebrity chef James Martin
- Lake District artist’s portrait of the Queen pressed onto new coins
- Barrow street attacks surge sparks police alert (2 comments)
- Archbishop of York John Sentamu to visit Barrow
- Dinghy and boat trailer stolen from Ambleside
- Labour by-election victory gives party new confidence
- Hundreds attend Dalton's first beer festival
- Warning to Cumbria parents and children over suffocating 'Sleeper'
- Crarey blasts 'schoolboy' Barrow Raiders
- Edmo calls for one final push with Barrow AFC on brink of title
- Fleetwood fly to Barrow win:with picture gallery
- Askam edge thriller:with picture gallery
- Trophy triumph for Vickerstown (1 comment)
- Ormsgill beat Millom to reach final:with picture gallery
- Barrow AFC edge closer to title glory:with picture gallery (18 comments)
- Rochdale run riot against Barrow Raiders:with picture gallery
- Barrow cricketer smashes world record (1 comment)
- REMEMBER WHEN: The Woolveridge brothers bossed Furness RL
- Familiar call for more health service money
- WEDDING ALBUM: Kirsty Haddock and Ryan Brown
- FOOD REVIEW: Storrs Hall On The Lake, Windermere
- Guitar smashers made a big noise at old Public Hall
- Searching for story of plate
- A £20 car boot find is sold for £7,000
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Greek island Lefkas
- Customer service? Never heard of it! (2 comments)
- Camilla bashing is right royal nonsense
- Town’s 13 butchers and a soap maker