Ulverston Open Gardens
Last updated at 14:23, Wednesday, 27 June 2012
PROUD Ulverston residents showed off their gardens to the public at the weekend.
Despite heavy rain on Saturday, more than 100 people got involved in the two-day Ulverston Open Gardens event, which saw 16 gardens on show.
Organiser Pat Bentley, of Oubas Hill, said: “It was all very good and I had one or two people come back and say how much they enjoyed opening up their gardens.
“Saturday was not very good of course but Sunday was a beautiful day.’’
The event was held to support Ulverston in Bloom, a group responsible for maintaining the appearance of the town.
Deputy mayor of Ulverston, Councillor Judith Pickthall, said: “This was our fourth year and it was a success in spite of the weather.
“People seemed to be enjoying themselves and we even had five new volunteers to show off their gardens for next year.”
Those involved are hoping Ulverston Open Gardens has helped the town prepare for a visit from the Cumbria in Bloom judges on July 10.
Cumbria in Bloom is part of the Royal Horticultural Society’s Britain in Bloom and encourages people to take pride in their local community.
First published at 13:32, Wednesday, 27 June 2012
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- BMX stolen in Ulverston
- Power tools and bike stolen in Millom burglary
- Police investigate Millom assault
- Generous family brings cheer to Barrow school targeted by vandals
- New footbridge in Cumbria is set to open
- Pedestrians shot at by passing motorist in Ulverston (1 comment)
- PHOTOS & VIDEOS: Charity walk to raise money for Ulverston hospice
- Success brewing as Hardknott signs prestigious high street deal
- £7,500 pledge to help make Millom ‘danger’ park fit for purpose
- Hundreds lap up Millom Infant School summer entertainment
- Askam ace Jake fulfils England goal
- Treasured Barrow booklets returned......45 years later
- Winger exits Barrow AFC
- Barrow Raiders show true grit to defeat Newcastle Thunder
- Millom CC blow leaders Dalton away
- Barrow CC pro is star with bat and ball
- Barrow Raiders score thrilling win over Newcastle Thunder - with video highlights (3 comments)
- Wins for Askam and Millom in National Conference
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time for Barrow Raiders to step it up
- RAIDERS REVIEW: Time to silence Thunder
- WEDDING ALBUM: Sharna Forsyth and James Tyson
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Venice
- FOOD REVIEW: Punchbowl, Crosthwaite
- Time to forge better deal within the EU
- FOOD REVIEW: The Crown, North Scale, Walney
- TRAVEL REVIEW: Bali
- Toddler fights back from heart surgery
- Garden no safe place for birds
- WEDDING ALBUM: Gemma Jones and Craig Brown
- Let’s unite and take on fight together
Visit our websites for...
F. Dickinson footwear
Homes and gardens 22
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|