Ulverston man arrested following attempted armed robbery
Last updated at 16:12, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
POLICE have arrested an Ulverston man following reports of an attempted armed robbery this afternoon.
At 1.30pm police received reports that staff within Greenodd filling station were threatened by a man carrying a knife.
The staff shouted for help and the man made off empty handed, but no-one was injured.
A 20-year-old Ulverston man, was later arrested on suspicion of robbery.
Anyone with information, or who witnessed the incident is asked to contact Barrow CID on 101.
First published at 15:54, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
What an idiot!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course