Ulverston man arrested following attempted armed robbery
Last updated at 16:12, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
POLICE have arrested an Ulverston man following reports of an attempted armed robbery this afternoon.
At 1.30pm police received reports that staff within Greenodd filling station were threatened by a man carrying a knife.
The staff shouted for help and the man made off empty handed, but no-one was injured.
A 20-year-old Ulverston man, was later arrested on suspicion of robbery.
Anyone with information, or who witnessed the incident is asked to contact Barrow CID on 101.
First published at 15:54, Tuesday, 26 February 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
What an idiot!
Make your comment
- Ulverston Food Festival set to showcase the best of Cumbria cuisine
- Furness Enterprise legacy to live on after Barrow council steps in
- Call for legal high crackdown after teens taken ill
- New Barrow jetty is ‘too short’ to use at low tide, claims ferryman
- Labour group in snub to first elected Copeland mayor
- Tributes paid to talented Barrow musician
- Assessment concluded Millom killer was ‘zero risk’
- Witness saw Millom killer claim he was ‘the devil’ in back street
- Millom double death inquest - day three
- Millom double killer has sentence increased
- Barrow look to bank points bonus
- Run kings Lindal look to kick on
- Millom and Walney set for cup final classic
- Excitement builds as Scholes heads to Barrow
- Millom RL ace at the double for GB
- Privilege to lead Millom says Sibley
- Penalty shootout success for Walney over Holker: with picture gallery
- Furness Rovers delight in final triumph: with picture gallery
- Walney a real four-ce to take trophy: with picture gallery
- Hawcoat on a high after cup win: with picture gallery
- Rail station mix-up brought firm to town
- Church pulls in drinkers
- An invite to party like its 1945
- Millom teenager steps out in style with charity shop bargains
- Proud to fight your corner (1 comment)
- Take a bus trip back to the past
- Film night features lost valley industry
- Charities must clean their acts
- Diver claims to have found town sub wreck
- ‘I was totally focused - I was enjoying it’