Ulverston crash: Second pedestrian transferred to Blackpool hospital
Last updated at 13:57, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a woman was killed in a road accident in Ulverston.
Emergency services were called after two pedestrians were hit by a vehicle in Mountbarrow Road at around 1.30pm yesterday.
The victim, named locally as 19-year-old Jessica Quayle, formerly of Dalton, was in collision with a Peugeot 206.
The second pedestrian, a female, was taken to the Royal Preston Hospital. Cumbria police have said that she was transferred to Blackpool Victoria Hospital yesterday and it was understood that she was in a serious condition.
A 23-year-old man from Ulverston has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. Cumbria police said he was bailed this morning until August 11.
Police have informed the family of the deceased and formal identification will take place in due course.
Cumbria Police have asked for anyone who witnessed part of the incident to contact them.
Police have asked anyone who may have seen a silver Peugeot 206 or a black Land Rover Freelander in the vicinity of Croftlands at Birkrigg prior to the collision to contact PC Kevin Bestford at Ulverston Operational Support Unit on 101, or CrimeStoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting log number 143 of July 7.
First published at 13:53, Monday, 07 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Barrow pair admitted to stealing items from Oxfam charity collection (2 comments)
- Mother of tasered Barrow bodybuilder Dale Burns leads calls for ban
- Charity shop opens in Barrow to support families of war heroes
- Bradley Wiggins set to bring team to Barrow (1 comment)
- Councillor played solitaire during debate on 1,800 Cumbria council job losses
- Ulverston man found dead in layby (1 comment)
- UPDATE: South Cumbria woman killed in crash (16 comments)
- Barrow store to sell off stock in closing down sale (9 comments)
- Pub chain’s £3.5m hotel bid for Barrow granted (11 comments)
- Barrow paedophile trio sentenced
- Wig wearing Barrow MP in fresh challenge to comedian Russell Brand (69 comments)
- Fan’s campaign to honour Barrow footballing hero with statue (27 comments)
- Dalton secondary school relaxes coat rules as temperatures plunge (24 comments)
- Barrow set for pound shop wars as chain plans store (26 comments)
Choosing a secondary school
Homes and Gardens
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|