Tickets for Paul Merton in Ulverston
Last updated at 17:18, Friday, 18 April 2014
Tickets for Paul Merton’s Impro Chums are now on sale for his appearance at Another Fine Fest in Ulverston.
TV star and comedian, Paul Merton, will be putting on a show this summer to celebrate the birthday of comedic legend, Stan Laurel.
Another Fine Fest is a new festival of music, comedy, street theatre and art and it will be held in Ulverston, with the Have I Got News For You team captain headlining.
The event has been organised by Dave Crossley, who is a local event organiser, Mark Greenhow, who is the owner and curator at the Laurel and Hardy Museum and Jakki Moore who is the owner and manager of the Beggar’s Theatre in Millom.
The group’s aim is to provide a varied programme of free entertainment throughout Ulverston and they want the festival to become a massive annual event which will attract visitors from all over the world.
The only ticketed event of the festival will be Paul’s performance which will take place at The Roxy Cinema in Ulverston.
Paul who is well known in the world of comedy has made numerous TV and Radio appearances and his latest show, Paul Merton’s Impro Chums, is guaranteed to sell out quickly.
On the day there will be a stage outside the Laurel & Hardy Museum hosting live music and performances, interactive comedy workshops within the museum, which are suitable for all ages, roaming street theatre and performances throughout the town such as, stilt walkers, magicians, acrobats and musicians.
There will also be live graffiti and various other artistic displays by local artists, multicoloured cobbles, knitted lamp posts, bunting, flags and gigantic bowler hats on display.
The festival is celebrating the birthday of comedy actor Stan Laurel, who was born in Ulverston on June 16. He went on to become one half of the famous comedy duo Laurel and Hardy and was given a Lifetime Achievement Academy Award for his pioneering work in comedy.
Another Fine Fest will be held on Saturday June 14 and tickets for Paul’s show are available from the Beggar’s Theatre website and at the Laurel and Hardy Museum now.
First published at 15:29, Thursday, 17 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|