Standards of playing impress judges - South Cumbria Musical Festival
Last updated at 09:31, Tuesday, 15 April 2014
MUSIC-MAKING and adult vocals were the order of the day at the 38th South Cumbria Musical Festival 2014.
Day three of the event kicked off at the Coronation Hall Ulverston on Tuesday.
Haverigg School Year 6 received a distinction for their performance of Yellow Bird and Year 5 came joint second in the same class with Askam Village School Flute Group Years 5 and 6, receiving an amazing mark of 86.
In the percussion class, St. James’ C of E Junior School, Barrow, were commended for their performance of Rhythmic Razzamatazz.
Festival spokeswoman Sue Cain said: “We welcomed Ann Lampard, on a return visit, as adjudicator for the vocal classes, which started with school choirs in the afternoon and early evening.
“These were very well supported and are increasing each year in their popularity, especially in the recently introduced infant choirs.
“St. James’ Catholic Primary School, Millom, were awarded a mark of 90 for exceptional performances in choirs up to school year Year 2 and choirs up to School Year 6. In the junior choirs, Minor Details from Millom received the highest score of the day with 91 marks. The Forge Europa Shield and Bursary of £100 for Children’s Choirs was awarded to Minor Details.
“We started the day with music-making classes adjudicated by Mary Powney, a well known local adjudicator. Mary was very impressed with the standard of playing which she felt was particularly high, considering the young age of the competitors.”
First published at 16:03, Thursday, 10 April 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
- Barrow MP challenges ‘eccentric’ Russell to Trident showdown (3 comments)
- Angry Barrow families protest against minibus charges for nurseries (1 comment)
- Trident rally wraps scarf around MoD (12 comments)
- Tourism guide with South Cumbria attractions released (1 comment)
- UPDATE: Body found in search for missing windsurfer (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|