Ulverston crash: Second pedestrian transferred to Blackpool hospital
Last updated at 13:57, Tuesday, 08 July 2014
POLICE are appealing for witnesses after a woman was killed in a road accident in Ulverston.
Emergency services were called after two pedestrians were hit by a vehicle in Mountbarrow Road at around 1.30pm yesterday.
The victim, named locally as 19-year-old Jessica Quayle, formerly of Dalton, was in collision with a Peugeot 206.
The second pedestrian, a female, was taken to the Royal Preston Hospital. Cumbria police have said that she was transferred to Blackpool Victoria Hospital yesterday and it was understood that she was in a serious condition.
A 23-year-old man from Ulverston has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. Cumbria police said he was bailed this morning until August 11.
Police have informed the family of the deceased and formal identification will take place in due course.
Cumbria Police have asked for anyone who witnessed part of the incident to contact them.
Police have asked anyone who may have seen a silver Peugeot 206 or a black Land Rover Freelander in the vicinity of Croftlands at Birkrigg prior to the collision to contact PC Kevin Bestford at Ulverston Operational Support Unit on 101, or CrimeStoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 quoting log number 143 of July 7.
First published at 13:53, Monday, 07 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|