Pupils at Ulverston's Sir John Barrow School learn to be top reporters
Last updated at 11:49, Tuesday, 11 February 2014
YOUNG pupils at an Ulverston primary school got to learn about life as a journalist.
Deputy Editor of the Evening Mail James Higgins dropped in to chat to Class 6J.
Luke Forrester, aged 11, said: "I really liked James' tie. It was great that we got to look at old fashioned newspapers."
Jodie Bowes, aged 10, said: "It was an amazing experience."
Joel Atkinson, aged 11, added: "The hot metal was a really good thing to see. It was also interesting to see what old newspapers looked like."
James said: "I really enjoyed my morning with Class 6J."
First published at 11:44, Tuesday, 11 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
- Ulverston mural to screen icon vandalised
- Isolation and a ‘hidden hungry’ are key issues
- Big swing would be required for red Barrow seat to change colour
- More than 120 Cumbria and Lancashire jobs at risk
- Cumbria rescuers called to 69-year-old man stuck on mountain
- Warning of traders selling mattresses door to door in Barrow
- Five parents faced ‘home alone’ probe in Cumbria
- Cumbria victim attacked as she breastfed baby
- Barrow children paid tribute to caretaker who died from a brain tumour
- Ulverston gala event provides fitting end to Cumbria music festival
- Edmo: Barrow AFC can handle the pressure
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against Bradford Park Avenue (5 comments)
- Walney Central move to top of table after home win
- Barrow boxer Liam has to settle for a draw
- Late goal sees Kirkby United book place in trophy final
- Edgy Barrow AFC draw a blank against gutsy Bradford
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume (1 comment)
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|