Pupils at Ulverston's Sir John Barrow School learn to be top reporters
Last updated at 11:49, Tuesday, 11 February 2014
YOUNG pupils at an Ulverston primary school got to learn about life as a journalist.
Deputy Editor of the Evening Mail James Higgins dropped in to chat to Class 6J.
Luke Forrester, aged 11, said: "I really liked James' tie. It was great that we got to look at old fashioned newspapers."
Jodie Bowes, aged 10, said: "It was an amazing experience."
Joel Atkinson, aged 11, added: "The hot metal was a really good thing to see. It was also interesting to see what old newspapers looked like."
James said: "I really enjoyed my morning with Class 6J."
First published at 11:44, Tuesday, 11 February 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|