Police warning ahead of Ulverston event
Last updated at 13:20, Tuesday, 17 June 2014
POLICE have warned motorists in Ulverston to expect disruption ahead of an annual event.
This year’s Ulverston Carnival Parade takes place on Saturday July 5 and will see several event in the town centre and Ford Park throughout the day.
Road closures have been granted for streets along the parade route and the restrictions will be in place from midday to 4pm.
The parade starts at 1pm and will form at Ford Park and Hart Street. The parade will then travel right on to Fountain Street and pass through Soutergate, Sun Street, Stanley Street, Mill Street, King Street, Queen Street, Cavendish Street, New Market Street, Market Street and Union Street before returning to Hart Street.
The whole of the Ulverston town centre area is a designated alcohol free area.
Sergeant Rupert Johnston said: “We are looking forward to what should be a great parade and ask that members of the public enjoy the event responsibly. We hope that members of the public work with us in order to make sure everyone has a safe and enjoyable afternoon.”
First published at 13:17, Tuesday, 17 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
- Alert over door-to-door fish sales in Cumbria
- Sarah Millican Barrow tickets sell out in 45 minutes
- Work on £5m Barrow regeneration project starts this month
- Lake District rescue team assist walkers lost in the dark
- Police appeal after report of inappropriate conduct towards girl in Barrow
- Weather warning for Cumbria - gales expected
- Police investigating collision at Barrow taxi firm
- Pupils hit a high note at South Cumbria Musical Festival
- Concerns over increase in violence at Cumbria prison
- Electric barriers result in outrage among Haverigg residents
- Barrow AFC held by Bradford Park Avenue
- Edmo urges Barrow AFC fans to raise the volume
- Loan ace in line to earn permanent Barrow AFC switch
- Casson confident over Barrow AFC title bid
- Wilson hails Barrow AFC squad strength
- Barrow AFC boss facing selection headaches
- The Weekly Meeks: Bradford clash will be no walk in the Park
- Walney Cents' Finch back for top-of-the-table clash
- Hawcoat Park aim to produce another big home display
- Kirkby look to steer cup treble chasers off course
Visit our websites for...
Great Daffodil appeal 2015
Homes and gardens 21
Power to switch
Walk to remember
Choosing a secondary school
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|