Police continue hunt for thief who stole £45,000 from 83-year-old Ulverston man
Last updated at 10:27, Tuesday, 17 June 2014
POLICE are still hunting for a burglar who stole thousands of pounds from an elderly Ulverston resident.
Police received a report on June 5 that jewellery, commemorative coins and £45,000 in cash were taken from a house in Tower Street.
Officers said the owner, an 83-year-old man, kept the items at home because he had “a mistrust of banks”.
Sergeant Rupert Johnston, of the Ulverston and Lakes Neighbourhood Policing Team said:
“Jewellery and cash were stolen from the property, it is still an active investigation and there are several lines of inquiry.”
First published at 10:25, Tuesday, 17 June 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Young driver injured in Barrow bingo hall crash (42 comments)
- Man smacked bottoms of boys he met in Barrow park
- Our bridge can’t wait
- Vintage fire engine is rescued from orchard
- Cumbria youngsters get the ball rolling to learn sporting skills
- No title
- Dixon strikes gold
- South Cumbria A595 campaign takes new twist (1 comment)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|