Poisoned Ulverston dog’s warning from grave
Last updated at 16:51, Tuesday, 12 March 2013
A DISTRAUGHT dog owner is hoping the death of her beloved pet can serve as a warning to others.
Ulverston resident Hazel Harrison was left devastated when her dog Jack had to be put down after getting blood poisoning last month.
She had taken him for a walk along the canal where Jack was seen eating something which, Mrs Harrison believes, poisoned him.
Her husband Alan has since put up a notice along the path in the hope of preventing other dog-lovers suffering the same heartache.
Mrs Harrison, 73, of Canal Foot, said: “The next morning we could tell there was something wrong with him. We took him straight to the vet but they couldn’t do anything.”
Just two days later, Jack had to be put down.
Mrs Harrison added: “I was with my sister and she saw him eat something at the side of the canal.
The couple adopted Jack, who was 12 when he died, from a rescue shelter six years ago.
Mrs Harrison said: “I would like to warn dog walkers that there is some sort of poison there.”
She said she had been close to a popular fishing spot when Jack ate the unknown substance she believes killed him. However, she said it is not clear how it got there.
The Harrisons’ note, attached to a signpost, reads: “Warning to all dogs. Please don’t eat anything you find here. I did and it poisoned my tummy. Jack.”
First published at 16:14, Tuesday, 12 March 2013
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
what a lovely looking dog
its so tragic this story