Pensioner facing more than 30 allegations of sex offences in court in Cumbria
Published at 09:07, Wednesday, 23 April 2014
A MAN is due in court in Cumbria this morning charged with more than 30 historic sex offences.
Anthony Leake, of Thaines Lane, East Runton, in Norfolk, will appear before South Lakeland Magistrates’ court today charged with 19 counts of inciting a boy under 14 to commit an act of gross indecency, five counts of inciting a girl under 14 to conduct an act of gross indecency, seven counts of making indecent images of children and three counts of possessing indecent images of children.
The allegations of inciting children to commit acts of gross indecency are said to have taken place in Dent, in Cumbria, in the 1970s.
Some of the alleged offences dated back to September 1972 while the charges relating to indecent images run up to 2012.
It is due to be the 64-year-old’s first appearance for the allegations.
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Visit our websites for...
- Farewell to Pauline, last of the Amazons
- Police blitz on antisocial teens (5 comments)
- Only way is up as Furness Academy in Barrow helps pupils achieve
- Rising star named skipper of Whitehaven RL seconds
- Workington Town ace allowed to leave hospital
- Abandoned South Lakes trail plan branded a ‘fiasco’ (4 comments)
Go green 34
Travel the globe
Go green 33
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|