Oil spill closes road near Ulverston
Last updated at 18:24, Thursday, 24 July 2014
CUMBRIA County Council has closed a road near Ulverston after a major oil spill.
The road off the A590 near Urswick closed at around 3pm.
A spokesman for the authority confirmed the road has been closed while contractors clean the road with detergent after a large amount of hydraulic oil leaked onto the road.
Work is under way and the council hopes to reopen the route later today but a spokesman said it will only reopen if the road is deemed safe.
First published at 16:49, Thursday, 24 July 2014
Published by http://www.nwemail.co.uk
Have your say
Be the first to comment on this article!
Make your comment
Visit our websites for...
- Ulverston gridlock driver prosecuted (58 comments)
- Barrow workers wait to hear about Tesco closures (23 comments)
- Barrow shipyard workers face ballot on seven-day week pay deal (41 comments)
- Car and motorbike crash on A590 between Lindal and Dalton
- Full story - 150 jobs to be axed at Barrow factory (9 comments)
Post 16 education
A new year - a new you
Light up a life
To save our contact details direct to your smartphone simply scan this QR code
|Evening Mail Going Out|